Chicken lemon soup is among my most favorite soups, and it can be yours too. The soup is smooth, velvety, and creamy but also brothy and light like you would imagine any chicken noodle soup to be. A punch of dill and lemons brings in a perfect flavor combination and salts the soups evenly. When you drink this soup, you will not feel the need to eat anything else as it will keep you full for a while. It is equivalent to eating a meal full of good pasta, chicken, and veggies.
The soup is well-balanced, and it is rich with all the healthy goodness. Carrot contains antioxidants, vitamin A, and fiber; it also adds a crunch to the soup. Spinach, on the other hand, is rich in folate and vitamins A, B, and C, vitamin B2, magnesium, manganese, and iron. The soup also has parsley, which is always a staple in my chicken soup due to its health benefits and taste. It is also a great detoxifier, packed with vitamins C and K, and rich in antioxidants.
To make my soup unique, I prefer using gluten-free ingredients. Hence the will be a taste of gluten-free pasta in the soup. Additionally, I love including jovial gluten-free pasta as it can be cooked perfectly too. However, there is other gluten-free pasta that can often fall apart while cooking hence brings frustrating results. If you love eating gluten or orzo, you can as well include wheat pasta.
I also use lots of parsnip, onion, leek, spinach, and carrot. This is because I love my soup to be full of veggies. However, that should not be a limitation for you. You can come up with your own combination of vegetables to meet your preferences. For those who are dairy-free, you can blend ½ cup of cashew in two cups of water.
Lemon juice, capers, sour cream, dill, is all ingredients that will add tanginess to the soup and make it a little sour. When you add them right, it can be so delicious.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thetastesoflifeholisticblog
Lemon Chicken SoupPrint Pin
- 1 medium leek cleaned and sliced
- 2 parsnips peeled and diced
- 1 onion diced
- 4 carrots peeled and diced
- 1 whole chicken medium-sized
- 3 cloves garlic minced
- 2 cups pasta gluten-free
- 64 oz chicken broth organic pacific
- 1 chicken whole-sized
- 10 oz spinach fresh
- 3-4 lemons juice (about ½ cup)
- 12 rapunzel veggie bullion
- 1 parsley
- pepper Freshly ground
- 1 tbsp basil dried
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tbsp onion granulated
- 3 oz fresh dill however, you can use as many fresh dill to handle ½ cup sour cream
- Use a large soup pot, add onion, leek, parsnip, quartered chicken, pacific chicken stock, garlic, Rapunzel bullion, and bring them to boil. Turn it down to simmer, add onion and granulated garlic, then basil and pepper. Allow it to cook for 1.5 hours, remove the chicken from the pot, debone it, cut into small pieces, then add it to the pot, add the dill, sour cream. Stir in your spinach, pepper, salt, and dill, then season it to taste.
Download your Free Pantry Essentials Guide Here
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Tastes of Life so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!