Healthy Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Eat this one food for Hormonal Balance-Chocolate Avocado Pudding
Who knew you could do so much good with avocados and chocolate? This straightforward and delicious dessert recipe is one of my favorites! It is creamy, decadent, packed with healthy fat, and combines two of my favorite foods, chocolate, and avocado!
I have a confession to make – I’m obsessed with avocado and chocolate pudding!
This delicious recipe is all about being extravagant and, at the same time, making something super good for you!
I’ll repeat it – there’s nothing in it that’s bad for you. It will nourish your body and satisfy your sweet tooth all in one.
What’s there to get excited about in Avocados? Plenty!
We all know they have a wonderfully mild flavor and creamy texture that works in nearly everything. But for the health side, avocado is excellent for our hormones because it contains plant sterol, which acts like human hormones. Beta-sitosterol is anti-estrogenic, and it helps increase testosterone levels in men and progesterone levels in women.
Avocados are a fabulous nutrition bomb, being rich in:
• Omega 3 Fatty Acids
• Potassium (more than found in a banana)
• Vitamin E
• Folic acid
Fiber is vital for our hormonal health. Studies have shown that diet high in fiber may lower estrogen and testosterone. That happens because excess cholesterol-based hormones like estrogen and testosterone are secreted along with the bile produced by the liver, which can then be bound to soluble fiber in the gut and excreted in the stool. Fiber helps us keep our blood sugar stable and helps us maintain a healthy weight.
CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PUDDING INGREDIENTS
- Avocado. Full of healthy and anti-inflammatory omega-3 fatty acids, vitamins, and minerals ( folate, magnesium, and B-6)
- Coconut Milk. It helps blend everything together. I always use full fat and unsweetened for the best flavor. Watery coconut milk in the carton has hardly any taste.
- Raw Cacao Powder. It gives it a deep and rich chocolate flavor. Raw cacao is a nutritional powerhouse and contains magnesium, antioxidants, iron, and protein.
- Pure Maple Syrup. Maple syrup is a source of essential minerals, including magnesium, zinc, calcium, and potassium. It contains polyphenol and quebecol, which help reduce inflammation. You can also use honey if that is your preferred sweetener.
- Vanilla Extract & Salt. They will enhance the pudding flavor, and salt will help your taste buds detect sugar. Salt makes the intrinsic flavors of chocolate “pop,” giving energy and life to the luxurious sweet treats.
- Lemon. It will help you balance flavor and add a bright, fresh note to the pudding.
HOW TO MAKE CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PUDDING
This recipe is quick and simple. Just the way I like it! You will whip it up in less than 10 minutes. All you have to do is combine everything in a food processor. I like to use my small food processor for this recipe because the pudding is silky smooth.
Remember to scrape down the sides in between blending so you dont have any large particles in your wedding. You can add more milk as needed to make it more smooth. And voila! Dessert is ready to devour!
I know some of you have reservations about putting avocado in the pudding, but trust me, you will not taste it! Enough of cholate will do the trick!
The trick is to know what kind of avocado to use. I always use avocados that they just a little soft and still kind of green- not overripen, stringy, or mushy. When avocados are too ripe, they have a specific flavor and smell to them that you will be able to recognize.
This chocolate and avocado pudding is healthy, delicious, and tempting. So easy to make that you don’t need to buy premade pudding from the store again!
EASY CHOCOLATE AVOCADO PUDDING
This delicious and simple chocolate pudding takes just 10 minutes to make. Healthy and decadent, it will become your new favorite dessert!
- 2 medium ripe avocados pits removed
- 4 tbsp cacao powder
- 1/2 cup full fat coconut milk
- 3 tbsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp fresh squeezed lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp salt
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or a food processor and blend until smooth. Scrape down the sides if needed and add more milk if the pudding is too thick.
- Taste test it to see if your pudding tastes to your liking. You can always add more ingredients.
- Transfer to a glass container and serve cold with your favorite topping, yogurt, cashew whipped cream, or coconut whipped cream.
- Refrigerate for up to 1 day.