Did you ever think that you could enjoy a lovely and refreshing “adult beverage” and score some points on the health scale at the same time?! This drink is a wonder all-around – a visual delight, worthy of spoiling yourself, that special someone or even guests at an event.
Whether hosting a party or just relaxing at night, it is possible to enjoy this nice and healthy cocktail, while still supporting systems that help balance hormones. This is a delicious liver and gut-supporting beverage that is easy to make. A great source of probiotics, full of antioxidants and potentially boosting the immune system, this drink is a palate-pleaser, gut-pleaser, and crowd-pleaser, all rolled into one!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thetastesoflifeholisticblog
- 3-4 cups kombucha either homemade or store-bought - find one low in sugar
- 1/2 cup orange juice about 3-4 fresh oranges
- 1 cup raspberries or strawberries
- 2 limes
- 1 inch ginger peeled (optional)
- 1/8 tsp nutmeg optional
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Stevia if necessary
- Sparkling or regular white wine optional
- Fresh pomegranate seeds, lime wedges and mint for garnish
- Juice the oranges and place in a blender such as a Ninja, Nutribullet or Blendtec. Add the strawberries, ginger, nutmeg and maple syrup. Blend until smooth. Pour into a bowl or pitcher. Add the kombucha and stir. Chill. Pour into glasses. Add a few pomegranate seeds and a lime wedge to each glass. Just before serving, add some sparkling wine to each glass.
- Another option: make extra Kombucha Kocktail and use it to make some ice cubes, adding one to each glass.