Medicinal Mushrooms Hot Chocolate for Immune Support
Mushroom Hot chocolate
Mushroom hot chocolate is not your ordinary hot chocolate. It is a delicious treat perfect for an afternoon pick-up or chilly evening with many health benefits. It is made with raw cacao, medicinal mushroom powder, nutmeg, cinnamon, and honey. This warm drink is quick and effortless to put together. Enjoy the healthy benefits of medicinal mushrooms, cinnamon, and raw cacao in this creamy hot cocoa recipe!
You may be wondering why I would include medicinal mushrooms in hot chocolate.
First of all, they will add a deliciously deep, earthy flavor to your coco. Secondly, they have incredible medicinal properties that are great for your health! Adding them to your hot chocolate is just an easy way to enjoy them and support your health.
Medicinal mushrooms, such as turkey tail, chaga, reishi, have a woody texture, and it is hard to eat them. Grinding them is an easy way of adding them to your drinks. You can salo add some mushrooms to your coffee if you drink it.
What kind of mushrooms to use?
There are wide varieties of mushrooms that can be used to make mushroom hot chocolate. Each one will bring different benefits.
I use a mushroom mixture that is already premixed in powder form. They contain chaga, turkey tail and reishi, and lion’s mane. But you can buy them separately, and use the one you like most!
Here are the most common types of medicinal mushrooms to use for hot chocolate and their benefits:
- Reshi- immune support, stress reducer, sleep aid, and anti-inflammatory.
- Chaga- immune support, anti-inflammatory, high in antioxidants, immune support and lowers cholesterol.
- Lion’s mane- immune support, anti-inflammatory, increases focus and memory support.
- Cordyceps- immune support, energy-boosting, anti-inflammatory, and anti-aging.
- Turkey Tail- immune support, anti-inflammatory, high in antioxidants, and prebiotic.
Medicinal mushrooms are fungi with biologically active compounds that can have a powerful therapeutic effect on our health. All medicinal mushrooms contain beta-D-glucan (polysaccharide), which has been found to modulate the immune system. These mushrooms bring balance to an over-or under-active immune system. When medicinal mushrooms are consumed regularly, they can improve overall well-being, increase resilience, and protect against illness and disease. Medicinal mushrooms have apoptogenic properties. Adaptogens help your body respond to emotional and physical stress.
Chocolate (my favorite!) is without a doubt a pleasure-causing food for most of us. It also reduces depression and reduces blood pressure. Cacao contains magnesium, calcium, iron, potassium, and antioxidants. It looks like a nutritional powerhouse! This recipe uses raw cacao (unroasted beans), but you can use cocoa (roasted beans). They are comparable; either one will work for a mouthwatering chocolate flavor!
Ceylon cinnamon has potent anti-cancer properties. Additionally, it is anti-fungal, anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal, improves insulin sensitivity, and lowers blood sugar, among other benefits. I use Ceylon Cinnamon because it has more flavor. The standard grocery store type, called Cassia, contains potentially toxic coumarin. If you consume too much of it it can be harmful to your body.
HOW TO MAKE MEDICINAL MUSHROOMS HOT CHOCOLATE
Mix the milk (or non-dairy milk), mushroom powder, cacao or cocoa powder, and cinnamon stick in a small pot.
Heat the mixture on the stovetop on medium-low heat for 10 minutes. Whisk everything together until combined, and remove the cinnamon stick. I love to froth my hot chocolate with a frother (one of my favorite tools in the kitchen). After you froth, your drink, pour it into a mug. Add the sweetener of your choice, and enjoy!
This hot mushroom cocoa is my favorite in my house and along my friends! It feels nourishing, grounding, and sacred.
You won’t be disappointed!
Other delicious drinks:
Coconut Whipped Cream Hot Chocolate
Hormone Balancing Dandelion and Chicory Root Latte
Medicinal Mushrooms Hot Chocolate
- 2 cups whole or goat milk or non-dairy milk
- 2 tbsp cacao powder
- 1 tbsp medicinal mushrooms powder
- 1 Ceylon cinnamon stick
- Raw honey or sweetener of your choice to taste
- ground cinnamon for garnish
- Combine the milk, cacao powder, mushroom powders, and cinnamon stick in a pot.
- Heat the mixture on the stovetop on medium-low heat for 8 minutes. Whisk everything until combined.
- Remove the cinnamon stick and froth the mixture with a frother or in a blender. Pour into a mug. Add a sweetener of your choice.
- Sprinkle with ground cinnamon and serve.