Delicious ‘Cheesecake’ – Flourless & Gluten Free!
Oh, pumpkin pie! That delectable delight that wafts through the house during autumn and especially on Thanksgiving, plus or minus 30 days – yes, please!! That special olfactory and palate-pleasing combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves – nothing screams Autumn yumminess in quite the same way!
There is no Thanksgiving without great pumpkin pie, so I just had to make one as well!
My recipe is more like cheesecake and is gluten free, egg free and dairy free, and it is not baked! GASP! I know, I know! I said ‘wafts through the house’! But that was to get your attention! Now that I have it, don’t give up on me! Giving this unconventional version a try is well worth it! You will not be disappointed! It bursts with flavor and tastes incredible! It is smooth, rich, creamy and simply delicious.
I created this recipe for people with different allergies, so they can also enjoy a great dessert during the holidays.
I used cashews for the filling, and they give the pie a creamy and rich flavor. I know how hard it is to give up dairy and finding a tasty replacement can be tricky. The simple nut crust is crunchy, and it adds a different texture. This dessert is perfect and yummy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thetastesoflifeholisticblog
- 2 cups pecans or hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cacao raw
- 6 dates soaked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups cashews soaked (6 hours), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pumpkin cooked
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- To make the crust: put nuts in a food processor and pulse until tiny and fine. Add cacao powder and vanilla, pulse again, then add the dates. Pulse until it makes a dough. Scoop dough out into a spring pan and press evenly.
- To make the filling: Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the crust. Put in the freezer for 2 hours, then transfer the pie to the refrigerator.