Delicious 'Cheesecake' - Flourless & Gluten Free!
Oh, pumpkin pie! That delectable delight that wafts through the house during autumn and especially on Thanksgiving, plus or minus 30 days - yes, please!! That special olfactory and palate-pleasing combination of cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves - nothing screams Autumn yumminess in quite the same way!
There is no Thanksgiving without great pumpkin pie, so I just had to make one as well!
My recipe is more like cheesecake and is gluten free, egg free and dairy free, and it is not baked! GASP! I know, I know! I said 'wafts through the house'! But that was to get your attention! Now that I have it, don't give up on me! Giving this unconventional version a try is well worth it! You will not be disappointed! It bursts with flavor and tastes incredible! It is smooth, rich, creamy and simply delicious.
I created this recipe for people with different allergies, so they can also enjoy a great dessert during the holidays.
I used cashews for the filling, and they give the pie a creamy and rich flavor. I know how hard it is to give up dairy and finding a tasty replacement can be tricky. The simple nut crust is crunchy, and it adds a different texture. This dessert is perfect and yummy!
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thetastesoflifeholisticblog
- 2 cups pecans or hazelnuts
- 1/4 cup cacao raw
- 6 dates soaked
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups cashews soaked (6 hours), rinsed and drained
- 1 cup pumpkin cooked
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 2/3 cup coconut oil melted
- 1/2 cup maple syrup
- 3 tbsp lime juice
- 3 tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 2 tbsp vanilla extract
- To make the crust: put nuts in a food processor and pulse until tiny and fine. Add cacao powder and vanilla, pulse again, then add the dates. Pulse until it makes a dough. Scoop dough out into a spring pan and press evenly.
- To make the filling: Put all ingredients in a high-speed blender and blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
- Pour the mixture into the crust. Put in the freezer for 2 hours, then transfer the pie to the refrigerator.
Hungry for More? Subscribe to our newsletter delivered straight to your inbox! And be sure to stay in touch on Facebook and for all of the latest updates.
Download your Free Pantry Essentials Guide Here
All photos and content are copyright protected. Please do not use our photos without prior written permission. If you wish to republish this recipe, please rewrite the recipe in your own unique words and link back to the source recipe here on The Tastes of Life so credit is given where credit is due. Thank you!