Easy Crispy Broccoli Salad
Meet one of my favorite summery broccoli salad recipes with a sweet, tangy, roasted strawberry dressing. A perfect side dish for hot summer days that is healthy & delicious.
I can smell the summer in the air already. Can’t wait to enjoy summer cookouts with friends and family where I can showcase my new recipes.
This broccoli salad recipe is easy to make, light, and full of flavor. Small broccoli florets are marinated in a creamy/savory roasted strawberry dressing, dried black currant (my favorite and soooo good!), red onion, and apple. This one-bowl recipe is excellent as a pack-able picnic salad, summer party, or a leisurely make-ahead lunch.
The dressing is delicious, and it will definitely steal the show! I borrowed it from my Summer Salad recipe.
A Broccoli Salad Recipe That’s Good for You
This broccoli salad is one of the traditional Polish summer salads that is healthy and delicious. It is a crispy, refreshing, sweet, and tart dish that can be a star of your summer parties!
What Do You Need for Broccoli Salad
Broccoli salad requires simple ingredients:
- Broccoli florets: Chop them into small sizes pieces.
- Apples: Dice in medium dice. Apple will add sweetness and crispiness to the dish.
- Red onion: Finely dice to add a bit of crunch to the salad.
- Dried black currants: Add the perfect touch of slightly-tart sweetness to the salad! Just about any dried berries, apricots, or raisins would also be delicious here.
- Creamy dressing: You will need strawberries, olive oil, garlic, apple cider vinegar, balsamic vinegar, salt, and pepper.
Tips For Broccoli Salad
- Chop your broccoli florets and apples small. This will ensure that the pieces become thoroughly coated and softened in the dressing. You also want to make sure that the size of broccoli is similar to the size of other ingredients to get a little of everything in each bite.
- Let it marinate. Make sure that you marinate the salad for a bit so the flavor soaks into the ingredients. This salad is even better after a few hours in the fridge!
Broccoli Salad Recipe
- 2 pound broccoli crowns
- 2 green apples
- 1 kohlrabi (optional)
- 1/2 cup dried black currants
- 1/2 cup diced red onions
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- freshly ground black pepper to taste
- roasted strawberry dressing
- Chop the broccoli florets into ½-inch pieces. You can also lightly steam the broccoli.
- Dice the apples and onions into small pieces.
- Transfer the ingredients to a bowl. Add strawberry dressing and toss to coat.
- Season to taste, let it marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Add currants, and serve.