Refreshing Summer Salad – Roasted Strawberry, Basil, and Balsamic Vinaigrette!
This is a common fresh salad for warmer days. It is filled with avocado, fresh strawberries, freshly picked spinach, and basil. To top it all off, it has roasted strawberry vinaigrette. The roasted berries are delicious and super sweet and give the vinaigrette a wonderful depth. With this salad, you can improvise on creativity and add any vegetables you want.
For any salad lover, you will agree with me that there is nothing better than summer salad filled with all colorful ingredients. The summer salad is prepared differently from any other salad all year. The roasted berries poppy seed vinaigrette, basil, fresh veggies, make the salad amazing and stand out among others.
As a salad lover, I am a huge fan of putting a combination of raw veggies and roasted in my salads. I also love to include a little fruit, especially for summertime salad.
Starts with a roasted strawberry vinaigrette
If you have never tested roasted strawberries before, then this will be a real treat for you. They are incredibly gorgeous and will keep you wanting more with every bite. You don’t just roast the strawberries alone but rather spice them up by tossing them in honey and olive oil. Then roast it in an oven to make it sweeter and juicy.
The taste is even better over granolas, oatmeal, and coconut cream. Therefore, it is a good time for you to try it out and fill the difference.
The Dressing – ingredient list:
- Apple cider vinegar
- The roasted strawberries
- Olive oil
- Dijon mustard
- Black pepper
The salad dressing also keeps it looking well, which is also another reason that the salad is excellent. This is something that you would not expect, especially with the fruit present. Additionally, since the fruit is often roasted, your dressing can last for five or so days depending on how much you have prepared. As for me, I love preparing it in large batches to avoid going through the same preparation process every day. You can prep both salad and the dressing ahead of time and mix them only when you are ready to eat.
The salad is delicious while served with crispy chickpeas, grilled chicken, or some quinoa to make it more of a meal.
Did you make this recipe?
Please let me know how it turned out for you! Leave a comment below and share a picture on Instagram with the hashtag #thetastesoflifeholisticblog
Summer Salad with Balsamic Vinaigrette, Basil, and Roasted StrawberryPrint Pin
For The Roasted Strawberries
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- pepper and salt pinch
- 1 box strawberries contains about 7 medium-sized berries
For Roasted Strawberries Vinaigrette
- 1 tsp honey
- 4 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp basil chopped
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
For The Salad
- 1 avocado
- basil fresh chopped
- 5-6 cups spring mix or spinach
- 1 cup strawberries sliced
- Preheat your oven to 400℉, then line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Toss strawberries on the sheet with olive oil, pepper, salt, and honey. Roast the combination for about 10-12 minutes for the berries to feel soft and juicy, then let it cool.
- Once they have evenly cooled, make the vinaigrette and add the roasted and cooled strawberries to the blender along with basil, garlic, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, honey, and salt blend until the mixture is creamy and smooth. If needed, season it with extra salt until it tastes.
- Recipe Note: Vinaigrette keeps well up to 7 days while in the fridge